Skip to main content

My Top 5 Colorpop Products

Hi guys ! Happy Thursday . How has your week been ?

I am starting a little mini series on the blog where I will share my Top 5 products from a brand. First up is one of the most awesome brands I discovered - Colorpop Cosmetics. Colorpop only ships to America at this stage , but I get mine through a third party seller in South Africa. (Meaning it's usually like a 30 day wait from ordering until receiving the product... eeeck ! But totally worth the wait )

My top 5 products include 3 lippies , an eye shadow and blush. So let's jump right into my picks. 


Colorpop Hammered Super Shock Shadow :

Okay first off, these eyeshadows has the weirdest texture. You will get used to using the product after a try or two , the first time it does feel really weird. The eyeshadow has a mousse like texture , and is best applied with fingers. I love wearing this colour on it's own for a nice shimmery brown eye. I would recommend wearing an eye primer with these eyeshadows. 




Colorpop Prenup Super Shock Cheek :
First off the main reason I love this pink blue-toned blush - the staying power. I have to be honest , most of my blushes don't even see midday sadly. This is one I still notice on my skin when I remove my make-up at night. The colour is perfect for me for everyday wear. Again , I would recommend using a stippling brush or your fingers to apply the blush - my favourite way is usually a stippling brush .



Colorpop LippyStix in Bound & Brills :
Okay , so this was hard to round it down to my 2 favourite lippystix . I currently own seven , but these two are the ones I reach for most on a weekly basis. The lippystix has the most amazing vanilla cupcake smell ( Yum !) and the colour's last on me basically the whole day . Which is amazingly impressive for me. The lipstick will transfer onto your coffee cup , but strangely enough the colour sticks to your lips. Bound is the perfect everyday pink , and Brills is a gorgeous purple colour. 



Colorpop Ultra Matte Midi :
The ultra matte range is a long lasting liquid lipstick that dries completely matte. These lipsticks are a little drying for some people (I have super dry lips , but these don't irritate or dry out my lips ) but if you have that issue , a great lip scrub & lip balm solves that problem instantly. Now the reason I love these , these really last the whole day (I don't even put the colour in my bag if I'm wearing it ... I'm that confident it won't budge). These are also transfer proof - meaning it won't leave any lipstick marks on coffee cups ... or your boyfriend / husband. This one is my favourite everyday colour, although I own it in a vampy gorgeous purple too . 


Do you own any Colorpop goodies that you would recommend  ? Or any on your wish list ?

For those interested , I bought mine off Instagram from Only Xiiiaah , but I know Muse.SA and TheMakeUpCrush  also sells them . 

Comments

  1. Genial top 5. Saludos desde El Blog de Boris Estebitan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection, I'm huge fan of lipstick so I'd like to try this long lasting liquid lipstick out ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, I love the eyeshadow!!
    Have a lovely weekend:)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!
    Have a nice evening!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post and love your thoughtful words.

    Thanks for the support, I deeply appreciate it!!

    MyLyfeMyStory


    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the lipcolor of the last photo :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's gorgeous isn't it ? A nude lip is always in style.

      Delete
  7. now i envy you! i love colourpop from cathleen lights videos and since it's not shipped here i'd love to get my hands on it! we must include it in some future swap! hammered looks Amazing. are these products Worth the hype? how do you think my dry lips would deal with those lippies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the products are worth the hype. I love the lippystix and the ultra mattes. I;m sure you know I suffer from extremely dry cracked lips , so I use a great lipbalm ( Nuxe lipbalm) , but these doesn't irritate my lips or dry them out more. So I'm pretty sure you shouldnt have an issue either.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw